Youth Pastor Search
Mayflower Congregational Church – Position Description – May 2021
The Youth Pastor is a spiritual and organizational leader who strives to advance the mission of the church by engaging a relational ministry with middle school and high school students.
This is a part-time position that reports to the Senior Pastor (or Interim Leader).
1. Strong ability to relate to students and to disciple them in an age-appropriate, relational way.
2. Strong biblical and theological knowledge with corresponding ability to teach the faith and to give thoughtful responses to difficult questions with which students might be wrestling.
3. Display spiritual maturity and a teachable spirit.
4. Possess a high level of emotional health that is evident in personal interactions.
5. Possess good relational skills, organizational skills, leadership skills, and communication skills – both verbal and written.
6. Preferred experience serving in a local church leading student ministry or other youth ministry context.
7. Preferred Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in youth ministry or a related field (or willingness to pursue this kind of education).
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with Youth Director to oversee all programming related to student ministries including:
a. Youth group programming
b. Mission trips, retreats and special activities
c. Confirmation class
2. Pursue engagement with the students of Mayflower who do and do not regularly participate in student ministry opportunities.
3. Pursue continuous improvement by seeking feedback from students, parents and other leaders.
4. Partner with the other areas of ministry at Mayflower to coordinate integrated programming and messaging church-wide.
5. Attend staff meetings (when possible) and work with staff as needed.
6. Assist in Sunday worship as needed.
7. Serve as staff liaison for the Council Youth Committee.
8. Submit to the support and supervision of the pastoral staff, Youth Director, and the Council Youth Committee
9. Work with Youth Director to coordinate finances of youth ministry and oversee budget and fundraising efforts.